August 18, 2008

Testimony

About three years ago I started on my journey into discovering a Christ-like way of life that was a lot less like what I'd always been told and much more like what Christ preached and what was taught in the Bible.

A lot of what I am looking into being involved in is related to activism in it's many forms and with it's many faces. I believe that there is a better way of living than the world tells us is acceptable.

Christianity -- It is a lot more than just church on Sunday and bible study on Wednesday. It needs to be more about a personal relationship with Christ and not with the worldly and easily modifiable Jesus Christ we've almost always been taught of.

Work -- Near the end of April, I was finishing my fourth month of working at Payless Shoesource. I had been praying again about what to do with my choices and how I love Jesus. I'd decided to work on ending my spending habit and to try and deal with my materialistic desires. I started crying nightly at the thought of going back to a job where I was encouraged to promote spending and material wealth. So Andrew told me to start praying about a new job or at least what I should do, and I did. I started praying nightly, daily, hourly, sometimes for hours at a time. I would be praying while I was working at Payless even, and on multiple occasions I'd burst into tears after convincing someone to buy a nice pair of shoes or multiple pairs. One night I went to the restroom and checked my messages and there was one from my mom. A job had opened up at one of my churches for a secretary position. Needless to say, I have been working at Calvary Baptist making a mere $60-$80 a week and I couldn't be more blessed. It is definitely a learning experience, but I whole-heartedly belief that God Himself picked this out for me at this moment in my life!

Future -- I tend to talk about "we" alot, and I will admit that not all things we talk about are completely set in stone, because truthfully, the only One guiding this ship isn't a man or a woman, but our Father in Heaven. It isn't easy, because He tends to have a wild streak and likes to spring some pretty crazy stuff on us, but it's always worth it. As for our future together, we have lots of plans and know certain things that we have been called to do and we know that God will probably mold those things and change them, sometimes even daily, so just bare with us as we travel down this bumpy road of life.

One of the most important things that I have to give though is love. We probably don't agree on a lot of things. We probably don't have the same life goals. We probably don't even have the same ideas about household products. Even if we aren't alike in any possible way, I still will love you!

1 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww this is really beautiful. You go girl. Yey Jesus!