August 18, 2008

Walking!

Today is my first day walking to work. I will confess to being nervous, excited, and completely bent out of shape about it! So today I'm going to post reasons why walking is beneficial and just an overall great thing to do!

  • It's a great way to be healthy!
  • It gives the opportunity for a slow down and soak up moment!
    You know whenever life just seems to go so fast? Well don't you think that the fact that we currently spend a majority of our lives probably going more than an average of 35-40 MPH that we are missing out?
  • It's a much more environmentally friendly way to travel!
I know I could probably find more, but if I don't get going soon, I'll never make it!

UPDATE: Well I've been at work for about an hour and a half and I'm proud to say I walked 2.25ish miles today!

Things I need to take note of though:

  • I need a new pair of undershorts.
  • I need to make sure I keep my water cold before I leave for the walk.
  • Sew a new bag to take with me.
  • Make a longer and less fitted skirt to wear overshorts.
  • STRETCH! STRETCH! STRETCH!

1 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Walking is a lot of fun, I have always thought. I remember when I had first started driving, to go into town I would walk because it was always so much fun to me. I hope you will be able to stick with walking to work even when it gets colddddd. I am sure it's not so much of a fun thing when it is raining. Sometimes I miss the fact that every day going to high school I had to walk a mile to the bus stop. Now I go for walks but not as often (plus I get so tired doing so while pregnant, but once i'm done I hope to do it again).